Let me start with a quick welcome.
Welcome to the brand new Kingsmere community website. This site has been set up, by the also newly formed residents group for Kingsmere, with the goal of providing as much information to prospective and existing residents as possible.
The idea is for the site to become a central hub for all development news, both small and large with the idea of keeping everyone in the loop. The forum will be open to everyone to both ask questions and provided answers to questions.
Lastly, this is a community website, we need the community to get involved to make this work and that means you. So hang around, get signed up and say hello.
As the site is new, we are keen to know what you think and what you want to know. Please drop a comment on this post with anything we have forgotten about or if you want to get involved then let us know.
The Kingsmere community team.
Down in the corner of Kingsmere at the end of Middleton Stoney Road is a new Close. Newton Close, is currently fenced off from the rest of Kingsmere but it has been designated for 21 self-build shared ownership homes. They are part of the BUILD! project – an alternative source of affordable housing across Cherwell district.
If you know someone with practical skills who would love to live on Kingsmere, pass them the source link below, but be quick as the plots won’t last long.
There are five options for would be self builders to select from:
- Beginner – with this option, you will work on a property that just requires decorating and the outside area landscaping
- Intermediate – requires you to add all of the fittings and fixtures* as well as decorating, you will also be responsible for finishing the walls, floors and ceilings, as well as putting in internal doors and landscaping the external areas
- Self-finish – as with intermediate, but you will also need to install the kitchen and bathroom
- Watertight shell – with this option you will get to work on a building that has been completed up to the point where it is watertight. All internal structures, such as partition walls, will need to be added as well as the plumbing and wiring* You will also need to complete the self-finish aspects (see above)
- Serviced plot – This is the most challenging option within the project. As a prospective buyer you will work get to work on a plot of land, to which all services are supplied up to the boundary (electricity, gas, sewerage, roads etc).
*Gas and electrical installations need to be undertaken by a certified trade contractor not directly by the self-builder.
Plans for the second phase of Kingsmere have now been submitted for planning approval.
The phase two applications includes the following:
- 700 more homes (Taking the development to 2450 homes in total)
- A public square
- A small convenience store
- A youth sports pitch
- A second primary school
- Community allotments
For the full story, follow the source link below.
The first primary school for Kingsmere has been approved. The new building will infact be replacing the existing St Edburg’s School in Cemetery Road and creating the updated school with 450 places.
The designs, as shown above, look very modern and should fit in with the Kingsmere style well. For more information and the full story, please follow the source link below.