Wahh, what a day! This morning, radio and website interviews, tonight we made the press again….. This time both on BBC1 and ITV, you can see the news stories below:
With all this coverage, its clear that people are starting to listen. If you have any questions or think you can help out with the campaign, please use the links on the right to get in touch,
The night before the night before christmas and all is not quiet in the world of broadband on kingsmere. Today we have even more media coverage. It all started at 6am with the news on BBC Oxford (its the first story):
You can catchup on this link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02dk8qn followed by an excellent interview from Matt (a member of the Kingsmere Residents association Broadband group) about an hour and seven minutes into the program.
Next up, we hit the BBC news website, you can read the full article here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-30585271
And just now (around 1pm) we have been spoken about on by BBC South:
Oh and make sure you look at the links at work or on your phones as obviously it would be impossible to do it if you are at home in Kingsmere………….
Keep up the good work guys!
Kingsmere broadband issue featured in the Bicester Advertiser and Oxford Times (check out the links section on the right to have a read).
We will be contacting the builders and BT/Openreach again and will be addressing their responses and making clear the continuing issues for residents. We need to ensure that the builders understand that residents expect them to address these issues for their customers.
What we are asking Kingsmere residents to do –
- Display the campaign poster (Grab your “print at home” copy from the links on the right)
- Register your interest in Superfast Broadband with Openreach – http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/expression-gen.aspx
- Contact your home builder, BT and Openreach to share your poor phone/broadband experience. The more people that talk about it, the better.
- Let us know if you would like to contribute your time to help
- Keep an eye on the KRA Facebook page and the new broadband webpage for updates – www.kingsmerecommunity.com/broadband
Today (at very short notice) the KRA managed to arrange for a member of the press to come and take an interview about the problems residents are having with broadband. After a quick post on Facebook, we managed to get some of you together and produce the lovely photo below:
We will have to wait a few days to see if it makes it into the press…..